How will learners be placed into academies?
Although all details for academy selection are not finalized, some basic beliefs have been defined:
• Learners will need to identify their academies and pathways in order of preference. Overall learner interest may dictate academy availability.
• If a learner's first academy of choice is not available, guidance will be given to courses that cross over between academies, similar pathways, or global electives that support academy themes.
• Learners will work with counselors to personalize their schedules and coursework to reflect their college, career, and life goals.
• Learners will have the opportunity to take courses from separate academies.
• Global electives in fine arts, music, world languages, and physical education will serve all academies.