West Fargo, ND – (January 4, 2022) – The West Fargo Educational Foundation has awarded nearly $7,500 in mini-grants to a dozen staff members to focus on enhancing community and the students’ experience within their building.
- Angela Cassidy, West Fargo High School - $700 for CommUNITY Week
- Holly Friedrich, West Fargo High School - $545 for Peer-to-Peer
- Jennifer Shearer, Horace High School - $714 for Breakout EDU Kits
- Sonia Nistler, Erin Spies, Melissa Kremer, & Callie Navarathne, Heritage Middle School - $750.00 for Year End Studies (Passion Projects & Community Service)
- Sheri Eckart, South Elementary School - $559 for RISE Model for Guided Reading
- Trevan Long Feather, Middle Schools and High Schools - $695 for Native American Cultural Art
- Michael Stecher, Heritage Middle School - $750 for Student Council
- Kimberly Soderholm, Early Childhood Center - $300 for Ethnic Barbie & Ken Dolls
- Jessica Raile, Sheyenne High School - $500 for Diverse Cultures Club
- Courtney Banister, Early Childhood Center - $500 for Playground Communications Board
- Jessica McKinnon, West Fargo High School - $750 for Packer Apparel
- Tarah Dahl, West Fargo High School - $700 for Student-Driven Relay for Life
When funds allow, the West Fargo Educational Foundation offers an annual mini-grant opportunity to West Fargo Public Schools staff. Past awards funded technology integration, staff development, and the expansion of district-provided curriculum. This year, however, the Foundation sought projects aimed at building culture and addressing the mental health and wellness of staff.
ABOUT THE WEST FARGO EDUCATIONAL FOUNDATION
The West Fargo Educational Foundation's mission is to recognize the heritage of West Fargo Public Schools, while supporting innovative and inspired learning. To find out more about the Foundation, visit https://westfargofoundation.com.