West Fargo, ND – (January 13, 2023) – The West Fargo Educational Foundation has awarded nearly $9,000 in mini-grants to 13 staff members with a focus on enhancing community and the learners’ experience within their building.
• Michael Keogan, Cheney Middle School - $743 for a sensory room
• Amber Nerby, Aurora Elementary - $581 for learner self-regulation tools
• Danielle Lundberg, Early Childhood Center - $750 for five-minute visual timers
• Ashley Flemmer, Cheney Middle School - $750 for a sensory room
• Angela Cassidy, West Fargo High School - $700 for CommUNITY Month
• Andrea Fox, Cheney Middle School - $750 for personal care packages for Life Care Unites
• Robyn Hohertz, Sheyenne High School - $350 for special education learner field trip expenses
• Bethany McRaith, L.E. Berger Elementary School - $750 for a breakfast club and mentorship program
• Melissa Kremer, Heritage Middle School - $750 for an after-school academic support room
• Michelle Johnson, Early Childhood Center - $744 for foundational skills backpacks for school readiness
• Toni Nelson, Cheney Middle School - $615 for Breakout EDU boxes
• Jodi Burtsfield, Independence Elementary School - $739 for early literacy activities
• Teresa BlackCloud, West Fargo High School - $750 for Multicultural Open Mic Night celebrations
Since the 2014-15 school year, the West Fargo Educational Foundation has offered an annual opportunity to West Fargo Public Schools staff to apply for mini-grant funds. Past awards funded technology integration, staff development, and the expansion of district-provided curriculum.
About the West Fargo Educational Foundation
The West Fargo Educational Foundation's mission is to recognize the heritage of West Fargo Public Schools, while supporting innovative and inspired learning. To find out more about the Foundation, visit https://westfargofoundation.com.