Happenings at South Elementary School
South Elementary School News
Wednesday, Nov. 22 - Friday, Nov. 24 - No School
Wednesday, Dec. 13 - Gr 5 Field Trip - Horizon Middle School Moorhead
Wednesday, Dec. 13 - Gr 2 Music Program Ms. Longley 12:00pm - 12:30pm
Wednesday, Dec. 13 - Trowbridge's Class Gingerbread Houses
Thursday, Dec. 14 - Gr 2 Music Program Mrs. Dougherty 12:00pm - 12:30pm
Thursday, Dec. 14 - Huseby's Class Gingerbread Houses
Friday, Dec. 15 - Gr 2 Music Program Mrs. Mark 12:00pm -12:30pm
Friday, Dec. 15 - Edinger's Class Gingerbread Houses
Tomorrow is the last day to order South apparel, Wednesday 22 at noon. Please do not delay in placing your order as late orders will not be accepted to ensure timely delivery of items. Items should be delivered before our winter break, Dec. 22.
Please be sure your child wears a warm coat, snowpants, boots, hat and gloves to school every day. Students go out for recess every day for 20 minutes and should have warmer clothing for the playground. Also, for students in kindergarten, please practice at home with your child/ren so they can get themselves ready for recess by putting on their boots, zipping coats and putting on their gloves.
West Fargo Public Schools is looking for paraprofessionals. If you are interested in working in the schools please check this flyer for more information.
Morning programs are 8:00am - 8:30am. Students enter through door #2 on 6th Ave. They will select a wrist band for the activity they want to do that day. Once the wrist bands are gone for an activity, they will need to choose something else, it is first come. Students should go directly to that location and not go to their classroom or locker. Once a student is in an activity, they will stay there until the bell rings at 8:30. They cannot switch activities. If a student chooses to go to the small playground, they will need to wait outside until 8:15am, when we have staff available for supervision.
We have an abundance of found sweatshirts and other items in our lost and found. We will have tables set up with the lost and found items on them during conferences. Please take some time to claim your child's items. Items that do not get claimed will be donated.
Schoolwide Title I InformationCheck these links for more information about our Title I program at South.JoinSupport South Elementary students and staff by becoming part of the PTA! We encourage EVERYONE to join the South Elementary PTA. Parents, grandparents, teachers, community members; anyone interested in supporting education at South Elementary School. Be involved! Be heard! Be your students’ biggest fan! By simply joining the South Elementary PTA, you are advocating on behalf of all children (including your own!) No additional commitment is required! Members are invited to participate in 6 monthly meetings, receive meeting minutes, provide input on upcoming events sponsored by the PTA and get to know the teachers and families of South Elementary!
Join today at https://southstarspta.memberhub.com/store/items/742682
Forms & Flyers
West Fargo Public Schools creates and distributes numerous publications to students, staff, and families on a regular basis. West Fargo Kid-Ventures is a publication that is electronically distributed every month to K-5th grade families within West Fargo Public Schools. You can find Kid-Ventures on the WFPS website under departments, public relations, advertising.
The goal for our art gallery is to display work from every South student sometime throughout the school year.
Inspiration for this art gallery originated in honor of Alexa Kersting, daughter of Loren and Monica Kersting, who passed away in July of 2004 while waiting for a lung transplant.
During Alexa’s six years as a student here, she created many works of art and poetry, as all our students have done. The frames for the gallery were purchased by the Kerstings to commemorate Alexa’s love of the arts.
These students have their art on display this week:
From Mr. Cariveau’s class: Alivea, Alex, Asher, Shaq, Hudson, McKenna, Brynnlee
From Miss Erickson’s class: Wyatt, Chloe, Kash, Sudais, Henry, Jeremy, Jake, Naomi
From Mrs. Wollan’s class: Cruz, Ellie, Makenna, Andrew, Julaine, Marshall, Brandyn
- If your student is going to be absent, late for school or leaving early, please notify our office at 701-356-2100 or email@example.com and also notify your classroom teacher(s). It is helpful to notify both places in the event that the classroom teacher is not in that day.
- If you are changing your students after school plans, please contact the office before 2:00pm so we have time to notify the classroom teacher.
- If you have any phone or email changes, you can log into your parent portal account to update it.
- Semester one milk ($40) can be paid online at Myschoolbucks.com in the school fees section.
If you would like to join your child for lunch some day at school, starting October 1, please note the following guidelines:
- Parents need to call the office by 9:00am to let us know who is coming and what choice they want for lunch, 701-356-2100.
- No outside fast food, pop or candy is allowed in the lunchroom.
- Parents cannot be on the playground with their child.
- Adult lunch is $4.00, payable by cash or check. We cannot take credit/debit cards at school.
- Parents eating lunch with their children can only take pictures of their own children.
Drop Off and Pick Up Procedures
8:00am - 8:30am - Drop off for breakfast at door #2 on 6th Ave. - Breakfast students only
8:30am - First bell rings - All students who are parent drop off or walkers enter door #1 (students who aren't eating breakfast)
8:40am - Tardy bell rings - students need to come to the office for a tardy slip
3:10pm - School dismisses for all students
- Please do not leave your vehicle unattended in the drop off zone. If you need to walk into the school please use a parking space away from the drop off zone.
- When dropping off or picking up your child curb-side, please pull all the way forward along the curb so you are directly behind the vehicle in front of you. This will allow as many cars as possible in the lane at one time.
- Do Not double park on the road
- Make sure your child enters and exits the car on the sidewalk
- Kindly reserve “handicap” designated parking spaces for those displaying a handicap permit in their vehicle. It’s the law!
- Thank you for helping ensure our students remain safe and drop-off and pick up times runs smoothly.