- March 2: Dr. Seuss Day! Wear Dr. Seuss Hats (optional)
*Read Across America Day!
*Grade 4 @ Living Ag (Red River Fair Grounds)
- March 7: 6:30pm PTA Meeting (library)
- March 8: Grades 4-5 Battle of Book Freedom Competition
- March 13: 4:00-7:45pm Conferences & Book Fair
- March 14: 4:00-7:45pm Conferences & Book Fair
- March 15: Happy 5-year Birthday Freedom School!
*Comfy Cozy & Green Day!
- March 16: NO SCHOOL
- March 17: NO SCHOOL
- March 20: Grade 4 Brain Awareness Presentation (speaker presenting on how kids can use thinking skills)
*2:45pm After School Grade 4 Self-Manager Event
- March 21: Grade 1 Buckle Up Safety Presentation
*2:45pm After School Grade 5 Self-Manager Event
- March 28: 6:15-9:00pm District Grades 4-5 Battle of Book Championship Event @ Freedom
(Battle of Books Registration @ 6:15pm, Opening Ceremony @ 6:30pm, Battle Rounds begin at 6:45pm)
- March 31: Fire Drill #6
Kindergarten Pre-Registration Information
March 27 and 28 from 3-7 PM
Offered at 7 Sites in 2017-18
- Kindergarten Pre-Registration Informational Flyer
- 2017-18 Kindergarten Boundaries and Sites
- Don’t know where your child will attend school? Check your address here!
- Registration Forms - The registration forms for the 2017-18 school year can be completed in advance or done at preregistration. Even if you complete the forms in advance, you are still required to attend preregistration to speak with school staff.
PRINCIPAL: Dr. Jeff Johnson
HOURS: 8:00 AM - 2:40 PM
MASCOT COLORS: Red, White & Blue
SCHOOL COLORS: Blue, Gold & Green
ADDRESS: 401 26th Ave East, West Fargo, ND 58078
SCHOOL DESCRIPTION: Welcome to Freedom Elementary! We are proud to be your neighborhood school in the West Fargo School District located off of Veteran's Boulevard. Our school is named in honor of Veterans and our close proximity to Veteran's Boulevard. We are known as the Freedom Flyers and the American Flag represents our school mascot colors. The Freedom faculty believes in the vision of Every Child, Every Day – which means helping every student display positive attitudes, improve academic performance, and positioning for a promising future. Our school Pathways To Success outline that we are ‘All In’ so that every adult and every student counts in a major way developing good relationships built on mutual respect, caring, trust and high expectations. We believe that the little things we do every day add up to create the whole and our students need to know we are committed to understanding them as individuals and caring about their personal circumstances in order to improve academically, and that building a culture of caring provides the necessary framework for how we implement 21st Century Learning Skills. We are here to serve, support and care! Please contact us with any questions on how we can assist you in your transition to the Freedom family. Go Flyers!
MISSION: Educating today's learners for tomorrow's world.
VISION: West Fargo Public Schools prepares all learners with the knowledge and skills to be contributing citizens in a rapidly changing world. We are dedicated to continuous improvement, engaging every student to become problem solvers and lifelong learners. Excellence is achieved through practices based in research, and by aligning all resources to support learning.