- Nov. 1 9-10am Gr. 3 Steve Stark ‘Mr. History’ Presentation
- Nov. 3 8:30am Grade 4 Music Program
- Nov. 4 Gr. 1 Vos, Tibbetts & Schroeder classes @ Essentia Field Trip
- Nov. 6 Reminder to turn your clocks back an hour!
- Nov. 7 2:45-6pm PTA Fundraiser Pick-Up
*5:15-6:15pm Freedom Annual Veteran’s Walk
*6:30pm PTA Meeting (library)
- Nov. 8 Red, White & Blue Day (Remember to vote today!)
- Nov. 10-18 Fill the Dome (send nonperishable food items to school)
- Nov. 10 8:00-10:00am School Picture Retake Day
- Nov. 11 NO SCHOOL—Veteran’s Day
- Nov. 14 American Ed. Week (Optional: We love to learn—wear Red today!)
- Nov. 15 American Ed. Week (Optional : Complliments make me feel cozy. Wear comfy cozy items—slippers, sweatshirts, etc.)
*6:00-8:00pm PTA Turkey Bingo
- Nov. 16 American Ed. Week (Optional: School is Cool—Wacky Wednesday by wearing shirt inside out or mismatched socks)
- Nov. 17 American Ed. Week (We Love to Read—Drop Everything and Read with your teacher! Optional: wear favorite college shirt)
- Nov. 18 American Ed. Week (Optional: Tip Your Hat to Your Teachers—wear your favorite hat!)
*End of Trimester 1
*11:45-2:15pm Grades 1-3 Charlotte’s Web Theater Performance @ SHS Theater
- Nov. 23 NO SCHOOL—Thanksgiving
- Nov. 24 NO SCHOOL—Thanksgiving
- Nov. 25 NO SCHOOL—Thanksgiving
- Nov. 28 NO SCHOOL—PD Day
PRINCIPAL: Dr. Jeff Johnson
HOURS: 8:00 AM - 2:40 PM
MASCOT COLORS: Red, White & Blue
SCHOOL COLORS: Blue, Gold & Green
ADDRESS: 401 26th Ave East, West Fargo, ND 58078
SCHOOL DESCRIPTION: Welcome to Freedom Elementary! We are proud to be your neighborhood school in the West Fargo School District located off of Veteran's Boulevard. Our school is named in honor of Veterans and our close proximity to Veteran's Boulevard. We are known as the Freedom Flyers and the American Flag represents our school mascot colors. The Freedom faculty believes in the vision of Every Child, Every Day – which means helping every student display positive attitudes, improve academic performance, and positioning for a promising future. Our school Pathways To Success outline that we are ‘All In’ so that every adult and every student counts in a major way developing good relationships built on mutual respect, caring, trust and high expectations. We believe that the little things we do every day add up to create the whole and our students need to know we are committed to understanding them as individuals and caring about their personal circumstances in order to improve academically, and that building a culture of caring provides the necessary framework for how we implement 21st Century Learning Skills. We are here to serve, support and care! Please contact us with any questions on how we can assist you in your transition to the Freedom family. Go Flyers!
MISSION: Educating today's learners for tomorrow's world.
VISION: West Fargo Public Schools prepares all learners with the knowledge and skills to be contributing citizens in a rapidly changing world. We are dedicated to continuous improvement, engaging every student to become problem solvers and lifelong learners. Excellence is achieved through practices based in research, and by aligning all resources to support learning.