2022-2023 National ACT Test DatesTest DateDeadlineLate DeadlineSept 10, 2022Aug 5, 2022Aug 19, 2022Oct 22, 2022Sept 16, 2022Sept 30, 2022Dec 10, 2022Nov 4, 2022Nov 11, 2022Feb 11, 2023Jan 6, 2023Jan 20, 2023April 15, 2023March 10, 2023Mar 24, 2023June 10, 2023May 5, 2023May 19, 2023July 15, 2023**June 16, 2023June 23, 2023
Sheyenne High School Counselors Believe:
- All learners, regardless of race, gender, or socio-economic status, have the ability and the right to a fair and equal education to prepare them for tomorrow’s world.
- Learners must have all their basic needs met according to Maslow’s Hierarchy of Needs and feel safe and nurtured in their learning environment.
- Counselors must assess learners’ needs through an annual school-wide needs assessment, district survey data, learner academic data and collaboration with educators to educate and support the whole-learner.
- Collected data through needs assessment and district survey tools are used to determine at risk-populations and post-secondary goals. Comprehensive School Counseling programming is fluid from year to year based on the needs of our learners.
- Counselors advocate for learners by educating, providing, and guiding them through their personal/social, career and academic development.
Sheyenne High School Counseling Department Vision:
The vision of the Sheyenne High School Counseling department is for all learners to be resilient, responsible, creative, critical thinkers, compassionate, collaborative, communicative and reflective. Our learners will be contributing members of their communities. Our learners will be kind, open-minded, accepting, and respectful. Our learners will be cognizant of their own wellness needs and be able to seek supportive resources when needed. Our learners will have the ability to make informed decisions based on the understanding of the possible outcomes.
Sheyenne High School Counseling Department Mission:
Supporting all learners in their academic, personal/social and career development. The school counseling program partners with other educators and stakeholders to advocate for equity, access and success for all.
- Sheyenne High School
- Laura Baker
- Erin Berget
- Krystal Haugen
- Jessica Raile
- Christiana Steffen
- Jessica Steiner
- Corin Strapp
- Kimberly Ziemer