The South Elementary School PTA
PTA Board Members
Co - President: Josi Schultz
Co - President: Melanie Unser
Vice President: Kathleen Duppler
Sectretary: Leah Swedberg
Treasurer: Ryan Beste
PTA Meeting: Monday, March 18, 2019
6:15 - 7:00pm
Planning on ordering your Holiday Cards? Consider using the South PTA Shutterfly Link. 13% of the proceeds will be contributed to our PTA. 😊 Shutterfly and Tiny Prints have a variety of items including holiday cards, photo books, canvases, personalized gifts and home décor. Consider ordering for Mother’s Day, Father’s Day, Grandparent Holiday Gifts, and Graduations 😊
Thank you for collecting our Family Fare receipts! This past year, South Elementary earned $1000 by participating in Family Fare’s Direct Dollars program. Please continue to collect receipts and send to your child’s classroom teachers. As Family Fare transitions to optional e-receipts, please note that only traditional paper receipts may be turned in for the Direct Dollars program.
Welcome to the South Elementary PTA! Here you will learn about all of the wonderful things parents and teachers do to enrich the educational experiences of the children at South Elementary School.
What is the PTA?
We are a local Parent Teacher Association of parents and teachers from South Elementary. We are guided by a five-member board. We are dedicated to enriching the education of students at South Elementary.
The South Elementary PTA's mission is to make every child’s potential a reality by engaging and empowering families and communities to advocate for all children.
- Collaboration: We will work in partnership with a wide array of individuals and organizations to broaden and enhance our ability to serve and advocate for all children and families.
- Commitment: We are dedicated to children’s educational success, health, and well-being through strong family and community engagement, while remaining accountable to the principles upon which our association was founded.
- Diversity: We acknowledge the potential of everyone without regard, including but not limited to: age, culture, economic status, educational background, ethnicity, gender, geographic location, legal status, marital status, mental ability, national origin, organizational position, parental status, physical ability, political philosophy, race, religion, sexual orientation, and work experience.
- Respect: We value the individual contributions of members, employees, volunteers, and partners as we work collaboratively to achieve our association’s goals.
- Accountability: All members, employees, volunteers, and partners have a shared responsibility to align their efforts toward the achievement of our association’s strategic initiatives.
What We Do
The South PTA organizes a variety of activities each year such as:
- two book fairs each school year
- meals to teachers during conferences
- holiday craft projects for all students
- yearly fundraiser to generate monies for programming
- funding a variety of school activities:
- Runners and Readers
- Battle of the Books
- 5th grade ski trip
- 4th grade trip to Bismarck
- money to classroom teachers to use in their classrooms
- Box Tops for Education
- staff appreciation
PTA members plan and orchestrate one main fundraiser each year. We also organize and run two book fairs at the school during conference time. Throughout the year, we have continual fundraising opportunities by collecting Box Tops for Education. All of the money raised goes towards events throughout the year, enhancing the school resources for students, and the needs of our wonderful teachers/staff /students.
Why Be Part of the PTA?
Attending meetings and volunteering at events is a great way to meet other parents and form great friendships. Getting to know the teachers and staff that your child interacts with on a daily basis, is a great reason to get involved. By being a member of the PTA, you can stay informed on school issues that are important to the students, teachers, and school. PTA also helps you to make a difference in your child’s academic life. There are so many reasons to be a part of South’s PTA!
Join us at our next meeting! All parents and teachers are welcome to attend the PTA meetings. Each meeting is held on the second Monday of each month at 6:15PM in the school library. We provide childcare, so bring the kiddos along! We keep meetings short and to the point because we know we’re all busy!
If you have questions about the South PTA or want to join, feel free to contact this year’s secretary via email.