The Freedom PTA
A message from FREEDOM ELEMENTARY PTA
Welcome to the Freedom Elementary School PTA! Here you will learn about all of the wonderful things parents and teachers do to enrich the educational experiences of the children at Freedom Elementary school.
What is the PTA?
We are a local Parent Teacher Association that is organized by interested parents and teachers. It is a PTA organized under the authority of North Dakota Congress of Parents and Teachers (NDPTA), a branch of National Congress of Parents and Teachers (National PTA). The Freedom Elementary School PTA has bylaws that govern the operation and five officers that ensure things run smoothly.
- To promote the welfare of children and youth in home, school, community, and place of worship,
- To raise the standards of home life,
- To secure adequate laws for the care and protection of children and youth,
- To bring into closer relation the home and the school, that parents and teachers may cooperate intelligently in the education of children and youth
- To develop between educators and the general public such united efforts as will secure for all children and youth the highest advantages in physical, mental, social, and spiritual education
Join us monthly at our meetings!
All members and Freedom stakeholders are welcome to attend the PTA meetings. Each meeting is held in the school media center. Childcare is provided during meetings free of charge.
If you have questions about the Freedom PTA, feel free to contact this year’s officers via email. To become a member of the Freedom PTA, please sign up at Freedom PTA Membership. Be sure to check out the Freedom PTA Facebook page for updates, events and more!
PTA 2022-2023 Board & Committee Leads
President - Lori Steinbrink
Vice President - Deborah L
Secretary - Darci Miller
Treasurer - Tonia Thompson
Reflections Chair - Vacant (please reach out)
Hospitality Chairs - Sarah Daggett & Diana Henline
Yearbook Chairs - Jill Idso
Fundraising Chairs - Vacant (please reach out)
Membership Chair - Vacant (please reach out)
Community Outreach Chair - Vacant (please reach out)
Event Chair - Vacant (please reach out)
Volunteer Chair - Vacant (please reach out)
Teacher Liason - Marcy Buchholz
Event Photographer - Joan Houdek
Committee Types and Descriptions
Membership Chair: Organizes fall and winter membership drives. Coordinates incentives for winning classrooms, etc. Purchases and distributes incentives within budget. Recruits new members year round and helps provide education to Freedom families and staff on why membership is important.
Community Outreach Chair: Works with companies and individuals in our community to support the students and staff at our school. Whether it's reaching out to food trucks to vend at our back to school night, requesting donations from local businesses for Teacher Appreciation week or the Fun Run fundraiser, working with places in our community to have Freedom Nights (i.e. Skate City, Ninja Gym, Mathnasium), and collecting resources to benefit the teachers and students in our Freedom community.
Event Chair: Plan activities, concessions, items for purchase, pricing, and advertising for events such as Back to School Night, Turkey Bingo, Winter Family Night, STEAM Night, the Sock Hop, and our End of the Year celebration. Note -- this committee can be broken down into individual events and can be worked through in pairs. All dates for these events have been set and each grade level will be assigned to an event for volunteers. Help supervise events and work with volunteer coordinator to make sure volunteer spots are filled.
Volunteer Chair: Work with different board members and chairpersons to coordinate volunteer sign ups, recruitment and follow through for each event, including PTA meetings.
- November 7 - General PTA Meeting 7-8pm (everyone welcome)
- November 14 - Dine to Donate @ Panda Express (Please RSVP on our Facebook page)
- November 17 - Turkey Bingo Family Event 6-7:30pm
- December 1 - General PTA Meeting 7-8pm (everyone welcome)
- December 6 - Dine to Donate @ Spicy Pie (Please RSVP on our Facebook page)
- December 8 - Freedom Flyers Night @ SKY ZONE FARGO (Please RSVP on our Facebook page)
- January 10 - General PTA Meeting 7-8pm (everyone welcome)
- January 12 - Freedom Flyers Night @ Skate City Fargo (Please RSVP on our Facebook page)
- January 30 - Family Reading Night 6-8pm
- February 6 - General PTA Meeting 7-8pm (everyone welcome)
- February 20 - Freedom Flyers Night @ SKY ZONE FARGO (Please RSVP on our Facebook page)
- March 2 - General PTA Meeting 7-8pm (everyone welcome)
- March 27 - STEM NIGHT sponsored by STEMZONE 6-8pm
- April 4 - General PTA Meeting 7-8pm (everyone welcome)
- May 8 - General PTA Meeting 7-8pm (everyone welcome) All members invited to vote for 23-24 elections
- May 24 - ANNUAL FREEDOM FLYER FUN RUN (during the school day)