Heritage Middle School
To implement the school counseling program at Heritage Middle School, the counseling department is committed to the following with the belief that learners need to be engaged in safe and nurturing relationships that allow them to develop their intellectual, physical, social, and emotional well-being. (Relationships)
This is accomplished through:
- All learners having access to a comprehensive school counseling program coordinated by state licensed school counselors. (Pathways & Pacing)
- Consistency in the school counseling program utilizing expected developmental stages of learning. (Guaranteed & Viable Curriculum)
- All learners having access to a school counselor to discuss personal concerns, information about career and educational planning, and the right to support in identifying their social emotional needs. (Self-Efficacy & Agency) (Assessment & Feedback) (Goal Setting & Reflection)
- Providing tools for all learners and their adult(s) at home to support the learners’ educational progress with the assistance of professional school counselors. (Self-Efficacy & Agency) (Assessment & Feedback)
- Maintaining a high level of professionalism by:
- Creating an ongoing program of counselor competency training and retraining.
- Adhering to mandates and guidelines set forth by the national and state school counselor association.
- Evaluating the school counseling program on stated goals and related student competencies.
ACCESS & OFFICE HOURS
We will be utilizing an online booking site. Students or parents can follow the link below to get to the site. Once on the site, pick the date you would like to meet on the calendar on the left and their available times will come up on the right. Please fill in your name, email and any notes you want to share with the counselor, click on book to submit. You will receive a confirmation email with a link the meeting in Microsoft teams. You will also receive a reminder the day before your meeting.
Watch the following video for instructions on how to book an appointment: https://shorts.flipgrid.com/watch/12703300565860757
If you have additional questions or concerns, please contact Amy Meier at AMEIER@west-fargo.k12.nd.us
Amy Meier, School Counselor