WFHS Prom 2019 -- Saturday, May 4
West Fargo High School 2019 Prom - "The Grand Gala" is Saturday, May 4, 2019
- The front doors will open at 6:00 PM. All attendees must enter through the front doors and check in. Students should have their prom tickets and a form of ID You cannot buy tickets at the door! Tickets will be on sale two weeks prior to Prom. Friday, May 3, 2019 is the final day to purchase tickets. Doors will lock at 7:00 PM. NO EXCEPTIONS.
- When checking-in, have your tickets ready at the door. You will give your tickets to the volunteers at the front table and receive your Grand March card. This card will inform you of your line-up location for Grand March. DO NOT LOSE YOUR GRAND MARCH CARD. If you do lose it, you will be placed at the end of the Grand March line-up.
- All prom attendees must complete a breathalyzer test. You must pass this breathalyzer tst before you will be allowed to get pictures, get in line for Grand March or have any access to the main part of the building.
- If you leave the building after admittance, you will not be allowed to re-enter.
- Grand March begins at 7:00 PM. Grand March line-up is organized by the color of your Grand March card. Grand March order is as follows: Student Body President, Senior Class Officers, Junior Class Officers, Student Council, Prom Committee 2019, Prom Committee 2018 and then the remainder of the prom attendees in the general order in which tickets were purchased. Within your color group, the order is random and first-come, first-up.
There are FIVE stops during the Grand March. Each stop is marked with a white ‘X’ on the floor. When arriving at a stop, face the audience, smile and wait for THREE seconds. Then, keep walking to the next stop!
Checklist for Attendees
Students must be eligible to attend prom PRIOR to purchasing a ticket. The Prom Obligation list will be generated on Friday, April 19.
Take care of Office Obligations from first semester !
To be eligible scholastically, passing five hours of class. Students deemed ineligible on the 3rd quarter eligibility report will be given a second opportunity to become scholastically eligible to attend prom at the mid-term mark of the 4th quarter (April 26).
Pay all parking tickets issued on or before April 19.
Serve all detention hours assigned on or before April 19.
Prom tickets will be on sale in the commons April 27-May 3, 2019 at 8:00 AM and 2:50 PM.
Tickets are $15 per person and will NOT be sold at the door.
Rules for Grand March
There are a series of rules for the Grand March audience members.
Gym doors are used and open at 6:00 PM.
Doors will be closed and locked at 7:00 PM sharp. No matter where you are in the Grand March line-up, your friends and family must be in the gym by 7:00 PM or they will not see you walk.
Cost is $3.00 per person for all ages.
Spectators are asked to say for the entirely of the Grand March to respect all students and families.
Over the past 5 years, Grand March has lasted approximately an hour.
Handicapped seating will be available for those in need.
Coat check will be available outside of Room 112C (Driver’s Ed Room). The cost is $2.00 per person with an additional $1.00 each time you need to go back and get something. It’s a good, safe place to store your belongings (jackets, phones, cameras, purses, etc.) while you dance and enjoy the evening! Chaperones will not watch over your belongings if you leave them anywhere else.
Professional pictures from Scherling Photography will be available in the library. They are available starting at 6:00PM and will stay through the Grand March and as long as people are waiting in line for photos. Don’t wait too long to get these pictures taken- the photographers will leave if no one is waiting!
There will be a photo booth set up in the Commons. There will be fun props to use in your photos! It is FREE and you will get two strips of photos.
Post Prom Activities
2019 Post Grad event: June 2- June 3, 2019 at WFHS, 10:00 PM – 2:00 PM
Multiple activities planned throughout the night including a hypnotist !!
Tickets will be sold at school the week of May 20th-24th in the mornings. Tickets may also be purchased at the door the night of the event.
Ticket Price $10 per person
WFPPPG Committee Members
PO Box 13, West Fargo, ND 58078