WFHS Graduation Exercises
Checklist for Seniors
Prior to graduating from West Fargo High School, seniors need to complete the following tasks:
2019 Post Grad Survey All seniors are required to take the 2019 Post Grad Survey. This is an online survey and will take about 10 minutes to complete. You may complete this survey on your own device, at home or at a computer in the library.
Deadline Friday, March 15, 2019
Deadline varies by college. Your college/university will expect to receive your FINAL high school transcript AFTER GRADUATION. WFHS will not automatically send your final transcript. You MUST submit an official final transcript order by following the directions below:
- Read the directions and click the blue ORDER RECORDS banner. This will take you to the Parchment
- If you already have a Parchment account, sign in to your EXISTING USER ACCOUNT and order your FINAL transcript.
- If you DO NOT have a Parchment account, sign up for a NEW LEARNER ACCOUNT, then follow the steps to order your FINAL transcript.
IMPORTANT: In Parchment, on the ORDER DETAILS page, under “When do you want this sent?”, select “Hold for Grades”, in the drop-down box. Selecting the "Hold for Grades" option tells us that you want your FINAL transcript sent after graduation. These transcripts will be sent during the first two weeks of June.
Cap & Gown Students MUST have a cap and gown to participate in the ceremony. Alterations or additions to the cap and gown are not allowed. Students who missed the Senior Meeting should pick up their cap and gown in the office ASAP; the $10 late fee will be waived for students who were out excused.
Students who still need to place an order for their cap and gown should contact Jostens directly for a RUSH ORDER. Call: (701) 235-1828
Obligations All obligations must be paid prior to participation in the ceremony. The obligation list will be generated in the week before final exams. Students should contact their administrator if they have questions or concerns.
Food Service All graduating seniors should have a zero balance on their lunch account by the end of the school year. Seniors with a sibling attending any of the West Fargo Schools can have the balance transferred to that sibling on the last day of school. Email Cindy with the information.
Seniors with a balance of less than $15, can get cash back any time after May 18 by going to the cafeteria and asking one of the cashiers. Seniors with a balance over $15 will be issued a check after the last day of school.
IMPORTANT: if you have an auto payment set up on MySchoolBucks, please turn that feature off by May 17 so that when we zero out the balance, it doesn’t trigger an automatic payment.
End of the Year Information
Academic Awards Program: Wednesday, May 1 at 6:00 PM
- West Fargo High School Commons/Gym
- Students who earn an academic letter will receive an invitation in the mail in April.
- Requirements for earning an academic letter can be found in the student handbook.
Junior/Senior Prom: Saturday, May 4
- West Fargo High School Commons/Gym
- 6:00 PM – Doors open & pictures available
- 7:00 PM – Grand March
Post Prom: 11:30 am to 3:00 AM at Cheney Middle School. Doors close at 1:00 AM
- Tickets will be sold April 15 - May 3 from 8:00 AM - 8:30 AM and 2:40 PM-3:10 PM. Cost for Post Prom is $10 a person. Students who are juniors and seniors are invited plus one guest under 21.
- Dodgeball is first come first sign up - with games starting at 1:00 AM
- Students do not have to attend prom to attend post prom. There will be many great prizes and fun activities. The best prizes will be given near the end!
Attendance Memo: Monday, May 6
- The Monday following prom, we have experienced an increased number of senior absences. Students refer to this day as “Senior Skip Day”. WFHS does not support missing school at this critial time of year. We encourage parents to send students to school on Monday, May 6.
- Detention will be assigned for all unexcused absences. All detention must be served prior to participation in the graduation ceremony. Thank you for your assistance.
Senior Lunch: Served in May during all lunches. Exact date to be determined.
- Administrators will serve FREE pizza, water and dilly bars to all seniors in the courtyard, weather permitting! Bring your student ID.
Verify Your Graduation Information: Wednesday, May 8
- The graduation list will be posted on the glass window in the main office. Check for accuracy of the following information for the program: name spelling, graduating with honor, active NHS member. Requirements for graduating with honor and NHS designation can be found in the student handbook.
- Give pronunciation of your name for the graduation ceremony to your Administrator, if necessary.
Yearbooks: Pick up your yearbook during fall registration (in the auxiliary gym).
- Wednesday, August 7, 2019.............. 10:00 AM - 7:00 PM
- Thursday, August 8, 2019............7:30 AM - 4:00 PM
The commencement ceremony will be held at Scheels Arena on Sunday, June 2, 2019 at 1:00 PM. Seniors arrive by 12:00 PM.
5225 31st Ave S
Fargo, ND 58104
- Class speakers: Madison Inman & Ryan Schlepp
- Class colors: Green & White
- Class motto: "Our lives are before us, our past is behind us, but our memories are forever with us"
No guests will be allowed on the floor of the arena during the graduation ceremony. Scherling Photography of Fargo, North Dakota serves as the district's official photographer for graduation ceremonies. Following commencement, Scherling provides photographs for order at www.scherlingevents.reorderphotos.com. Families are able to purchase the professional photographs for a small fee.