Swimming Lessons at Hulbert Aquatic Center
Hulbert Aquatic Center offers a range of lessons starting at parent-child level through high-level instruction.
Sessions are $55.00 for eight 30-minute lessons. The schedule for classes varies from month to month, depending on staff and facility availability.
All lessons lower than a Learn to Swim Level Four are held in the lesson pool (86° F). All other lessons are held in the competition pool (79° F). Private lesson locations are assessed based on a student's skill level.
All participants must register for group and private lesson online. We will do our best to try to accommodate as many participants as safely possible. Adjustments to the facility operations are in place to protect the safety of the participants and staff.
- Participants should not enter the building until 5 minutes prior to their class time.
- Only actively enrolled swim lesson participants and one parent/guardian can attend the lessons.
- Seating will be available on deck for parents and guardians, please maintain a social distance of 6 feet.
- Semiprivate swim lessons are available for children living in the same household who are at a similar swimming ability.
- All equipment used during lessons will be cleaned before and after each lesson.
Session 1: June 29 - July 9 (M-Th)
Session 2: June 29 - July 22 (M & W Evenings)
Session 3: June 30 - July 23 (T & Th Evenings)
Session 4: July 13 - July 23 (M-Th)
Hulbert Aquatic Center provides year-round swimming lessons for public registration.
- A parent/guardian must be present at all times to provide visual supervision of the participant.
- Registration and payment must be completed online; no walk-ins or telephone transactions accepted.
- No refunds or credits are issued for cancellations within five days of the class start date. No refunds or credits are issued after the session begins. No refunds, credits, or makeup classes are offered for conflicts with other activities or vacations.
- If a class is canceled by the facility, all efforts will be made to offer a makeup class, but such an arrangement is not guaranteed.
- Hulbert Aquatic Center reserves the right to terminate a participant’s registration due to behavior. No refund will be issued in this situation.
- Staff will attempt to accommodate class level adjustments, but such arrangements are not guaranteed.
Frequently Asked Questions
Three locker rooms (male, female, and family) are available during swimming lessons. Hulbert Aquatic Center does not provide locks or towels. When attending lessons, please make sure to bring a towel and lock, if desired. Any lock left on a locker will be cut at the end of the day.
Registration for swimming lessons opens at various times throughout the school year. Registration typically opens three weeks before the start of a new session. Registration for summer swimming lessons opens at the beginning of May.
Registration for lessons close the Friday before the lesson start date.
Based strictly off of a child's age, we recommend the following:
Six months to three years old should attend a parent-child lesson with a parent in the water.
Three to six years old should attend a preschool lesson.
Six years old and older should attend a Learn to Swim lesson.
We recommend anyone over the age of sixteen to enroll in our private lesson program.