West Fargo High School News
NMSI’s College Readiness Program supports nine student study sessions (3 per subject) in AP math, science, and English. Student study sessions are critical to student success on the AP exam. Below are the nine AP study session dates for the 2018-2019 school year. Please mark these dates on your calendar. All study sessions start at 8:00AM.
10/6 – English – West Fargo High
11/3 – Math – North High
11/17 – Science – Fargo South
12/1 – English – Sheyenne High
1/12 – Math – Fargo South
1/26 – Science – West Fargo High
2/23 – English – North High School
3/23 – Science – Sheyenne High
4/6 – Math – Sheyenne High
Classroom attendance is extremely important for academic success. Families are encouraged to take vacations during school breaks so students will not miss large amounts of class time. Students must not be absent more than 10 times from each semester course in which they are enrolled if they are to receive credit that will count toward graduation. View the “ATTENDANCE POLICY” section of the WFHS Packer Planner Student Handbook for details and exceptions.
Attendance Phone Line: 701-356-2050
Option 1 Attendance A-K
Option 2 Attendance L-Z
- A parent or guardian must call the office for a student’s absence due to illness or appointment. No emails or texts.
- Call by 9:00AM whenever possible
- Call for an Admit Pass for student check-in
- Call for a Blue Dismissal Pass for student check-out
- At the high school, students are expected to pick up their blue pass prior to the time they need to leave and are responsible to give that pass to their teacher and leave at the proper time. We do not call students out of class unless emergent, as it is disruptive to the learning environment.
- Automated messages are sent to Parent/Guardian 1 & 2 cell phone and email at 10:30AM & 4:00PM for classes marked “Unverified” by teacher.
- Teachers mark students "Unverified" when they are absent from class. Attendance marks students "Excused" when they are notified by parents.
- Call to report absence if you forgot
- Verify with teacher if they should be in school. Parent Portal
- Full attendance policy is in the Student Handbook
West Fargo High School Photos
Forms & Flyers
District News & Updates
FEET Parent Trainings
Families of students receiving special education services are invited to attend the following West Fargo Public School's Family Educator Enhancement Trainings (FEET):
- Meeting a Student's Sensory Needs - Thursday, November 1 from 6:00PM - 7:30PM
- Introduction to Functional Behavior Assessment & Positive Behavior Support Plans - Thursday, December 6 from 6:00PM - 7:30PM
- Picture Communication - Thursday, February 26 from 6:00PM - 7:30PM
All three trainings will be held at the Leidal Education Center (Room #133), 207 W Main Ave, West Fargo, ND 58078. The Family Educator Enhancement Team (FEET) is designed to assist families who have children with special needs by connecting them to available educational partners. If you wish to attend, please RSVP one week prior to the event. Childcare will be provided.
Student Success Forum - Part Two: Student Substance Use, Abuse, & Addiction
The second event of a four-part series on student success is Wednesday, November 14, 2018 at 7:00PM - 8:30PM at the West Fargo High School Theater. This event is titled "Student Substance Use, Abuse, & Addiction." Join West Fargo Public Schools' administrators and students, West Fargo Police Department, and representatives from various community agencies to get an inside look at the world of substance use in the metro area, how these substances impact the brain development and function of our youth, and the resources available for those struggling with abuse or addiction. While all ages are welcome to attend, some topics may not be appropriate for children under the age of 13. The West Fargo High School National Honor Society will be providing childcare for school-aged children during the forum. Moderated and live broadcasted by AM 1100 The Flag WZFG.