West Fargo High School News
Volunteer opportunities for "50-50 Sales at Girls' and Boys' Basketball games" are now open.
Please click on the following web link (or copy it into your web browser if clicking doesn't work) to go to the signup sheet:
To sign up, just follow the instructions on the page. It only takes a few seconds to do.
Thank you for volunteering!
West Fargo PPPG
Classroom attendance is extremely important for academic success. Families are encouraged to take vacations during school breaks so students will not miss large amounts of class time. Students must not be absent more than 10 times from each semester course in which they are enrolled if they are to receive credit that will count toward graduation. View the “ATTENDANCE POLICY” section of the WFHS Packer Planner Student Handbook for details and exceptions.
Attendance Phone Line: 701-356-2050
Option 1 Attendance A-K
Option 2 Attendance L-Z
- A parent or guardian must call the office for a student’s absence due to illness or appointment. No emails or texts.
- Call by 9:00AM whenever possible
- Call for an Admit Pass for student check-in
- Call for a Blue Dismissal Pass for student check-out
- At the high school, students are expected to pick up their blue pass prior to the time they need to leave and are responsible to give that pass to their teacher and leave at the proper time. We do not call students out of class unless emergent, as it is disruptive to the learning environment.
- Automated messages are sent to Parent/Guardian 1 & 2 cell phone and email at 10:30AM & 4:00PM for classes marked “Unverified” by teacher.
- Teachers mark students "Unverified" when they are absent from class. Attendance marks students "Excused" when they are notified by parents.
- Call to report absence if you forgot
- Verify with teacher if they should be in school. Parent Portal
- Full attendance policy is in the Student Handbook
NMSI’s College Readiness Program supports nine student study sessions (3 per subject) in AP math, science, and English. Student study sessions are critical to student success on the AP exam. Below are the nine AP study session dates for the 2018-2019 school year. Please mark these dates on your calendar. All study sessions start at 8:00AM.
10/6 – English – West Fargo High
11/3 – Math – North High
11/17 – Science – Fargo South
12/1 – English – Sheyenne High
1/12 – Math – Fargo South
1/26 – Science – West Fargo High
2/23 – English – North High School
3/23 – Science – Sheyenne High
4/6 – Math – Sheyenne High
West Fargo High School Photos
Forms & Flyers
District News & Updates
Impacted by the Government Shutdown?
New guidance from the US Department of Agriculture provides support for families impacted by the shutdown of the federal government. If your family’s income has been cut off due to the shutdown, you are eligible to apply for Free & Reduced Lunch. Information about the Free & Reduced Lunch program, including how to apply, can be found on our website.
There is no school on Monday, January 21, 2019.
Student Success Forum: Social Media
The third session of a four-part series on student success is scheduled for Wednesday, February 13, 2019 at 7:00PM - 8:30PM at Cheney Middle School.
Join West Fargo Public Schools' administrators and students, West Fargo Police Department, and representatives from various community agencies to get an inside look at how social media impacts the lives of our students and children today. Resources will be shared that will allow families to better understand the risks of the online world and best practices for responsible digital citizenship. Moderated and live broadcasted by AM 1100 The Flag WZFG.
It is that time of year again when weather can alter school day plans. Please review the district's weather procedures to better prepare in the event of a late start, early dismissal, or no school day. In the event of a weather-related closure, all evening activities and facility rentals will be cancelled and the West Fargo Sports Arena and Hulbert Aquatic Center will close.
FEET Parent Trainings
Families of students receiving special education services are invited to attend the following West Fargo Public School's Family Educator Enhancement Trainings (FEET):
- Introduction to Functional Behavior Assessment & Positive Behavior Support Plans - Thursday, December 6 from 6:00PM - 7:30PM CANCELLED
- Picture Communication - Thursday, February 26 from 6:00PM - 7:30PM
All three trainings will be held at the Leidal Education Center (Room #133), 207 W Main Ave, West Fargo, ND 58078. The Family Educator Enhancement Team (FEET) is designed to assist families who have children with special needs by connecting them to available educational partners. If you wish to attend, please RSVP one week prior to the event. Childcare will be provided.