Attention Future Packer Hockey Players!
If you are a north side Mite, sign up to be a Packer Pal! The West Fargo High Packers are excited to host future Packer players to warmups with the team, a tour of the locker room, chalk talk with the coaches, starting lineup, and free admission to the game! Sign up today!
STEM Club News
- Monday - Friday
- 7:30 AM - 8:00 AM
- September 17, 2018 - May 17, 2019
- Students enrolled in STEM Club can eat breakfast on arrival, and head to their designated learning areas for the day. Students have the option to choose what they'd like to explore every day. STEM Club options include computer lab learning (math and reading games), reading in the library, STEM related games, team building activities, and a quiet room for homework help.
- Monday, Tuesday, Thursday
- 2:45 PM - 4:15 PM
- Session One - October 1, 2018 - January 31, 2019
- Session Two - February 1, 2019 - May 17, 2019
- Students will have the chance to be scientists and engineers in this after-school STEM Club! They'll implement the Engineering is Elementary curriculum to study and build recycled race cars and research to find solutions to save invasive species. Students will explore STEM related concepts through technology and hands-on, engaging activities.
District News & Updates
Impacted by the Government Shutdown?
New guidance from the US Department of Agriculture provides support for families impacted by the shutdown of the federal government. If your family’s income has been cut off due to the shutdown, you are eligible to apply for Free & Reduced Lunch. Information about the Free & Reduced Lunch program, including how to apply, can be found on our website.
2019-202 Staff of the Year Awards
The nomination window for the 2019-2020 Staff of the Year Awards will be open January 4 - January 16, 2019. The nomination process is open to the entire community, allowing parents, students, alumni, or any stakeholder to nominate an employee for a Staff of the Year Award. Nominate a deserving staff member today!
End of the Quarter
The last day of Quarter 2 is Friday, January 18, 2019.
There is no school on Monday, January 21, 2019.
Student Success Forum: Social Media
The third session of a four-part series on student success is scheduled for Wednesday, February 13, 2019 at 7:00PM - 8:30PM at Cheney Middle School.
Join West Fargo Public Schools' administrators and students, West Fargo Police Department, and representatives from various community agencies to get an inside look at how social media impacts the lives of our students and children today. Resources will be shared that will allow families to better understand the risks of the online world and best practices for responsible digital citizenship. Moderated and live broadcasted by AM 1100 The Flag WZFG.
It is that time of year again when weather can alter school day plans. Please review the district's weather procedures to better prepare in the event of a late start, early dismissal, or no school day. In the event of a weather-related closure, all evening activities and facility rentals will be cancelled and the West Fargo Sports Arena and Hulbert Aquatic Center will close.
FEET Parent Trainings
Families of students receiving special education services are invited to attend the following West Fargo Public School's Family Educator Enhancement Trainings (FEET):
- Introduction to Functional Behavior Assessment & Positive Behavior Support Plans - Thursday, December 6 from 6:00PM - 7:30PM CANCELLED
- Picture Communication - Thursday, February 26 from 6:00PM - 7:30PM
All three trainings will be held at the Leidal Education Center (Room #133), 207 W Main Ave, West Fargo, ND 58078. The Family Educator Enhancement Team (FEET) is designed to assist families who have children with special needs by connecting them to available educational partners. If you wish to attend, please RSVP one week prior to the event. Childcare will be provided.