Happenings at South Elementary School
South Elementary School News
Friday, February 10 - Grades K & 3 Breakfast with Buddies 7:00am - 7:25am
Friday, February 17 - Grade 5 Ski Trip Detroit Mountain
Monday, February 20 - Offsite Learning Day - No In-Person School
Friday, March 3 - Grade 3 Music Program 8:30am - 9:00am
Friday, March 3 - Grade 4 Field Trip - Ag in the Classroom 10:45am - 12:45am
Kindness Week at South
Breakfast with Buddies
This spring, the South PTA is sponsoring a breakfast with buddies for each grade. Grades K & 3 will have their special breakfast on Friday, February 10, 7:00am -7:25am. Students were given a blue form that needs to be filled out and returned by Monday, February 6, so we can make sure we have enough donuts and juice for everyone. Make sure to fill out the form with the student's name, teacher and the name of their guest. Due to space constraints, we must ask that only children in Grades K & 3 and one adult attend as we do not have room for extra family members.
Below is the schedule for all Breakfast with Buddies:
Friday, February 10 - Grades K & 3
Friday, March 10 - Grades 1 & 4
Friday, April 14 - Grades 2 & 5
Dress for the Weather
Remind your child to bring their winter gear to school. We need all students to dress for going out in the cold weather. Students go outside for 20 minutes of recess every day. We need students to be safe and warm by wearing a winter coat, snowpants, hat, gloves and boots. If you are having trouble providing these items for your child, contact our counselor, Mrs. Brandi Krabbenhoft firstname.lastname@example.org or call the school.
South Art Gallery
Each week Mrs. Gieser will highlight student art work by displaying it in our South Art Gallery right outside the library.
This week will feature the following students:
Primus – Abdulmajid, Scarlett, Tyler W., Aiden, Brynnlee, Wyatt, Alivea, Sophie, Keagan, Tyler S., Alex, Henry, Shaylie, Dylan, Brandyn, Erin, McKenna, Abel, Corbin
Burington – Jake, Hannah, Makenna, PateynSchoolwide Title I InformationCheck these links for more information about our Title I program at South.Join PTASupport South Elementary students and staff by becoming part of the PTA! We encourage EVERYONE to join the South Elementary PTA. Parents, grandparents, teachers, community members; anyone interested in supporting education at South Elementary School. Be involved! Be heard! Be your students’ biggest fan! By simply joining the South Elementary PTA, you are advocating on behalf of all children (including your own!) No additional commitment is required! Members are invited to participate in 6 monthly meetings, receive meeting minutes, provide input on upcoming events sponsored by the PTA and get to know the teachers and families of South Elementary!
Join today at https://southstarspta.memberhub.com/store/items/742682
Forms & Flyers
If your student is going to be absent, late for school or leaving early, please notify our office at 701-356-2100 or email@example.com and also notify your classroom teacher(s). It is helpful to notify both places in the event that the classroom teacher is not in that day.
If you are changing your students after school plans please contact the office before 2:00pm so we have time to notify the classroom teacher.
If you have any phone or email changes, please update your parent portal account.
Semester one milk ($36) can be paid online at Myschoolbucks.com in the school fees section.
If you would like to join your student for lunch some day at school, please note the following guidelines:
- Parents need to call the office by 9:00am to let us know who is coming and what choice they want for lunch, 701-356-2100.
- No outside fast food, pop or candy is allowed in the lunchroom.
- Parents cannot be on the playground with their child.
- Adult lunch is $3.70, payable by cash or check. We cannot take credit/debit cards at school.
- Parents eating lunch with their children can only take pictures of their own children.
Drop Off and Pick Up Procedures
7:30am - 7:50am - Drop off for breakfast at door #2 on 6th Ave. - Breakfast students only
8:00am - First bell rings - All students who are parent drop off or walkers enter door #1 (students who aren't eating breakfast)
8:10am - Tardy bell rings - students need to come to the office for a tardy slip
2:40pm - School dismisses for all students
- Please do not leave your vehicle unattended in the drop off zone. If you need to walk into the school please use a parking space away from the drop off zone.
- When dropping off or picking up your child curb-side, please pull all the way forward along the curb so you are directly behind the vehicle in front of you. This will allow as many cars as possible in the lane at one time.
- Do Not double park on the road
- Make sure your child enters and exits the car on the sidewalk
- Kindly reserve “handicap” designated parking spaces for those displaying a handicap permit in their vehicle. It’s the law!
- Thank you for helping ensure our students remain safe and drop-off and pick up times runs smoothly.