Forms & Flyers
Eastwood Elementary School News
Attention Future Packer Hockey Players!
If you are a north side Mite, sign up to be a Packer Pal! The West Fargo High Packers are excited to host future Packer players to warmups with the team, a tour of the locker room, chalk talk with the coaches, starting lineup, and free admission to the game! Sign up today!
Eastwood Elementary School publishes a newsletter every quarter. The fall newsletter is now available here. We are excited to announce that we are working on transitioning our newsletter to a webpage format over the course of the next quarter. The new format will offers many additional features that are currently not available with a .pdf document:
- Translation Services - any webpage on the district and school site's can be translated into a variety of different languages
- Responsiveness - the website automatically resizes based on the device you utilize to view it, there is no need for zooming in/out or scrolling left/right
- Accessibility - the website system provides a significant amount of ADA compliancy that allows it to be accessible to people with vision, hearing, intellectual, and physical disabilities
- Availability - while we will work to update the webpage at least on a quarterly basis, the webpage will always be available to families; we encourage families to bookmark this webpage
Parent Right to Know
Through federal law, parents have the right to request information on the professional qualifications of the teachers and paraprofessionals at our school. If you are interested in learning this information, please contact Eastwood Elementary School administration at (701) 356-2030. Upon request, you will receive a detailed explanation of the licensing, education, and experience of each of our teachers. You will also receive information regarding names and qualifications of the paraprofessionals at our school.
Eastwood Elementary School is a Title I School
Eastwood Elementary School is a schoolwide Title I school. Each year, the administration and staff meet to review the school's data to determine a focus for goals and activities for the upcoming school year. Information is collected from various sources including, but not limited to: parent, staff, and student surveys; demographic data; achievement data; program data; and perception data. This is all compiled to review and make decisions.
These plans are laid out in continuous improvement goals that Eastwood Elementary School staff will work on throughout the 2018-2019 school year. The goals for the year:
- 80% of students will be proficient in reading as measured by standardized assessments.
- 80% of students will be proficient in math as measured by standardized assessments.
- 80% of students will obtain 0 - 3 SAR (Student at Risk) referrals within the school year.
Donations are Welcome
Eastwood Elementary School is accepting donations of the following items:
- Sweatpants (all children sizes)
- Warm Gloves
- Underwear (all children sizes)
- Winter Coats
- School Supplies
- Monetary Donations (milk/supply funds for students in need)
The Homework Room is available to all 3 - 5th grade students at 7:30AM each day.
District News & Updates
Impacted by the Government Shutdown?
New guidance from the US Department of Agriculture provides support for families impacted by the shutdown of the federal government. If your family’s income has been cut off due to the shutdown, you are eligible to apply for Free & Reduced Lunch. Information about the Free & Reduced Lunch program, including how to apply, can be found on our website.
Student Success Forum: Social Media
The third session of a four-part series on student success is scheduled for Wednesday, February 13, 2019 at 7:00PM - 8:30PM at Cheney Middle School.
Join West Fargo Public Schools' administrators and students, West Fargo Police Department, and representatives from various community agencies to get an inside look at how social media impacts the lives of our students and children today. Resources will be shared that will allow families to better understand the risks of the online world and best practices for responsible digital citizenship. Moderated and live broadcasted by AM 1100 The Flag WZFG.
It is that time of year again when weather can alter school day plans. Please review the district's weather procedures to better prepare in the event of a late start, early dismissal, or no school day. In the event of a weather-related closure, all evening activities and facility rentals will be cancelled and the West Fargo Sports Arena and Hulbert Aquatic Center will close.
FEET Parent Trainings
Families of students receiving special education services are invited to attend the following West Fargo Public School's Family Educator Enhancement Trainings (FEET):
- Introduction to Functional Behavior Assessment & Positive Behavior Support Plans - Thursday, December 6 from 6:00PM - 7:30PM CANCELLED
- Picture Communication - Thursday, February 26 from 6:00PM - 7:30PM
All three trainings will be held at the Leidal Education Center (Room #133), 207 W Main Ave, West Fargo, ND 58078. The Family Educator Enhancement Team (FEET) is designed to assist families who have children with special needs by connecting them to available educational partners. If you wish to attend, please RSVP one week prior to the event. Childcare will be provided.