Social Work Supports
West Fargo Public Schools' social workers provide coordination and support to students and their families. A social worker is an advocate for the student and their family, and works collaboratively as a team with school staff, community professionals, and social service agencies. Each day, their goal is to connect resources and provide support to families and staff through evidence-based strategies for student success. Some of the critical activities that our social workers provide in our district are:
- Provide resources for educational teams to address student mental health, behavioral, academic, or social concerns
- Provide documentation and maintain appropriate records for student referrals, caseloads, and contact logs
- Provide timely care and support for families as needed in the home, over the phone, and within the community
- Coordinate supportive services for students who may be at high risk of a crisis situation and refer families to an appropriate level of support
- For students who meet eligibility for homeless services, coordinate and determine potential transportation opportunities, as available.
- Provide referrals and community resources to students and families as needed
- Provide direct support to students in the form of one to one and small group sessions for the purpose of mentoring, de-escalation, linking to services, relationship building, etc.
WFPS recognizes this is a difficult time for many. During the current school closure, social workers are available for your family’s support. School social workers provide coordination and connect families and students to community supports. Social workers work collaboratively with school personnel, community professionals, and social service agencies. Long term therapy or crisis management resources can be found HERE.
School social workers can be contacted by phone or email any time from 8:00 AM to 8:00 PM. They will return your message as they are able. They are most readily available during specified office hours while the schools are closed. In order to make an appointment with a social worker during their office hours, please email or call your child’s assigned social worker.
Their contact information and office hours can be found in the staff directory below.
Meet Our Social Worker
Phone: (701) 499-3069
Degrees and Certifications: