Forms & Flyers
Eastwood Elementary School News
Eastwood Elementary School publishes a newsletter every quarter. The fall newsletter is now available here. We are excited to announce that we are working on transitioning our newsletter to a webpage format over the course of the next quarter. The new format will offers many additional features that are currently not available with a .pdf document:
- Translation Services - any webpage on the district and school site's can be translated into a variety of different languages
- Responsiveness - the website automatically resizes based on the device you utilize to view it, there is no need for zooming in/out or scrolling left/right
- Accessibility - the website system provides a significant amount of ADA compliancy that allows it to be accessible to people with vision, hearing, intellectual, and physical disabilities
- Availability - while we will work to update the webpage at least on a quarterly basis, the webpage will always be available to families; we encourage families to bookmark this webpage
Parent Right to Know
Through federal law, parents have the right to request information on the professional qualifications of the teachers and paraprofessionals at our school. If you are interested in learning this information, please contact Eastwood Elementary School administration at (701) 356-2030. Upon request, you will receive a detailed explanation of the licensing, education, and experience of each of our teachers. You will also receive information regarding names and qualifications of the paraprofessionals at our school.
Eastwood Elementary School is a Title I School
Eastwood Elementary School is a schoolwide Title I school. Each year, the administration and staff meet to review the school's data to determine a focus for goals and activities for the upcoming school year. Information is collected from various sources including, but not limited to: parent, staff, and student surveys; demographic data; achievement data; program data; and perception data. This is all compiled to review and make decisions.
These plans are laid out in continuous improvement goals that Eastwood Elementary School staff will work on throughout the 2018-2019 school year. The goals for the year:
- 80% of students will be proficient in reading as measured by standardized assessments.
- 80% of students will be proficient in math as measured by standardized assessments.
- 80% of students will obtain 0 - 3 SAR (Student at Risk) referrals within the school year.
Donations are Welcome
Eastwood Elementary School is accepting donations of the following items:
- Sweatpants (all children sizes)
- Warm Gloves
- Underwear (all children sizes)
- Winter Coats
- School Supplies
- Monetary Donations (milk/supply funds for students in need)
The Homework Room is available to all 3 - 5th grade students at 7:30AM each day.
District News & Updates
First Day of School
The first day of school for grades 1 - 12 will be Tuesday, August 27. The first day of kindergarten will be Thursday, August 29.