Parking, Drop-Off & Pick-Up Procedures
During the school day, the main entrance is the only one that is unlocked. All guests and visitors must enter through these doors by parking their car in the parking lot and walking through the main doors (there is no parking and leaving your car in the drop-off loop at any time as this is a 'drop and go' lane to keep traffic moving). You will be directed to enter the office area directly through a set of doors as the interior instructional doors are locked for security and you will be greeted by the office staff. All visitors and guests are required by City Ordinance and West Fargo Public Schools policy to check-in at the office. THANK YOU FOR FOLLOWING THESE PROCEDURES, ALL OF WHICH ARE DESIGNED FOR THE SAFETY OF OUR CHILDREN!
- Parents and visitors are asked to park in the lots; the bus loop is for buses only! We ask that all parents who live in the West Fargo bus zones to consider having your children ride the bus to school as this will be the easiest and fastest way to get your children to and from school each day.
- To DROP-OFF at the start of the school day, pull into the drop-off loop by the right-side of the curb closest to the building pulling all the way down to the far end of the loop to allow other cars to enter the loop behind you, and safely have your child exit out of your vehicle and walk to the main entrance doors. Please then safely pull away into the drive lane of the loop to exit. You are not allowed to park in the drop-off loop and exit your car as it is a 'drop and go' lane. Always look for children walking in this area and drive slowly. Drivers must remain in their vehicle at all times. If you wish to enter the building, you must park your vehicle in a parking space in the lot. All vehicles must stay to the right in the drop-off loop by the curb and please do not double-park in the loop as it causes a safety concern with all the children in the area – follow the car ahead of you! There is only one exit out of the parking lot by following the loop.
- To PICK-UP at end of the school day, please pull into a parking space in the lot and wait for your child to exit the building and come to you (set a plan in advance so your child knows where to find you). You may also pull into the loop all the way to the end to allow other cars in behind you and wait for your child, however, you must remain in your car. Should any cars purposely violate safety rules, speed through the parking lot area, or refuse to work with the supervisor, the license plate number will be turned over to the School Resource Officer.
- Bus drop-off and pick-up is only in the bus loop. This is not a drop-off or pick-up area for students and it is a no parking area. Marked childcare vans may use the bus loop AT THE END OF THE DAY if there is adequate space and must line up behind all West Fargo School buses. We ask childcare agencies to contact our school office to work with us on making sure you have permission to utilize the bus loop. At the end of the day, once all WFPS buses have exited the bus loop, marked childcare vans will be able to move forward in the loop following each other pulling all the way up and students will be dismissed to your van.
- Students who ride bicycles to school may park them and lock them in the racks provided.