General Swim Lesson Guidelines
- A parent or guardian must be present at all times during the lessons to provide a visual supervisor of the participant.
- We recommend that participants should come dressed ready to swim.
- All participants must bring appropriate swimwear and a dry towel to each lesson.
- Goggles are recommended for all levels excluding Parent/Child classes.
- Clothes, street shoes, and other personal items can be stored in the locker room or brought with you into the pool area. Please bring your own lock if looking to secure valuables.
- It is recommended that participants with long hair pull it back and secure it to keep it from interfering with any part of the lesson.
- On the first day of lessons, the instructors will call class rosters out loud on the pool deck. If you do not hear your name called, please see a Hulbert Aquatic Center representative at the front desk to review the class rosters.
- Each participant's skill knowledge and performance will be evaluated on the first day of lessons to ensure all students are at the appropriate level. If the instructor recommends a different level placement, the participant's parent/guardian must contact the Programming and Staffing Supervisor immediately to inquire if modifications can be made for that participant.
- One parent or guardian is required to be in the water and participating in each class when enrolled in a Parent/Child level.
- All non-potty-trained children must wear a disposable swim diaper. Please review Hulbert Aquatic Center dress code for specifications.
- Lesson participants are prohibited from entering the pool before class and must exit the pool immediately after the class has concluded.
- Parents/guardians are asked to notify their assigned instructor of any medical conditions that the participant may have that could affect the lesson.
- If a student defecates in the pool, Hulbert Aquatic Center staff shall follow all Cass County Public Health Code guidelines and will notify the participants of the incident. After the first incident, the participant is required to wear a swim diaper. If these incidents occur multiple times may result in dismissal from Hulbert Aquatic Center swim program.