Students in the MTSS Reading Placement Pathway are reading content area text below the 35th percentile, with specific deficits in comprehension and fluency and/or phonics. In order for them to access and understand the content in your course, they will need your support and selected accommodations. These accommodations are required by WFPS for all students identified in the MTSS Reading Placement Pathway. Students on an IEP/ILP/504 may have other accommodations or modifications in addition to this.
- Provide copy of Cornell Notes for access during the lecture/discussion.
- Allow extra time to complete assessments per discretion of the MTSS coach and teacher.
- Allow assessments to be read OR taken in a distraction reduced environment.
- Allow access to text in an audio format whenever possible.
- Consider accommodations for reading and writing assignments.
- Communicate consistently with students, MTSS Coach and parents.
- Follow along during lecture/discussion and highlight or add to notes provided to them.
- Be prepared for assessments in order to complete them in an appropriate amount of time.
- Request to have assessments read or to be taken in a distraction reduced environment.
- Access text in an audio format when necessary.
- Communicate consistently with teacher, MTSS Coach and parents.
- Communicate consistently with teacher, MTSS Coach and student.
- Check grades frequently