Taking Care of a Learning Device
Students are responsible for the general care of the device they have been issued by the school. The device is school property and all users will follow the loan agreement and ACDA: Use of West Fargo School District Computer Network.
If the device is lost, it must be reported to the principal's office as soon as possible. It will be the responsibility of the student and family to recover or replace the lost device. If the device is suspected to be stolen, immediately report it to the principal's office and/or the school resource officer. If necessary, the district and the police will assist in recovery.
Devices that malfunction must be reported to the designated location within the school, or the damage may be considered a result of negligence. In the event the device malfunctions outside of the school day, wait until the next school day to take action or report the issue. Do not attempt to gain access to the internal electronics or repair your device.
Family Financial Responsibility
All students will initially receive an iPad device at no cost
- $25 fee for the first incident if accidental damage occurs
- $75 fee for the second incident if accidental damage occurs
Full repair or replacement cost of a device lost, damaged intentionally, or due to negligence:
- Device - $300
- Charging Brick - $20
- Charging Cable - $20
- Logictech Pen - $50
- Case - $40
Carrying a Learning Device
- Devices should always be within the protective case provided by the school district.
- Cases are designed to adequately protect the device from normal treatment and provide a suitable means for carrying it within the school.
Caring for a Learning Device at School
- Devices are never to be left unattended. If a device is found unattended, it will be brought to the office. Repeat offenders will have an appropriate consequence.
- Students are not allowed to leave their device in an unlocked locker.
- Devices may never be kept in a vehicle due to extreme temperatures and lack of security.
Caring for a Learning Device Outside of School
- Devices must be brought to school each day adequately charged to work throughout the school day.
- Students are allowed to set up wireless networks on their devices for use while at home. ACDA: Use of West Fargo School District Computer Network will also be followed while at home with the use of a district owned device.
- Students and guardians may decline the privilege of taking the device home by contacting the office.
- Students and guardians who decline the privilege of taking the device home will be required to check out their device at the beginning of the day and check it back in at the conclusion of the day. This does not excuse the student from due dates for required instructional tasks.
- Only use a clean, slightly damp, lint-free cloth to clean the screen, no cleansers of any type (i.e. no Clorox wipes). Cleansers will damage the screen.
- The device screens can be damaged if subjected to rough treatment.
- The screens are particularly sensitive to damage from excessive pressure on the screen; do not lean on the top of the device.
- Do not place anything near the device that could put pressure on the screen or scratch the glass (keep this in mind when placing your device in a backpack or shoulder bag). Please close the protective cover on the device when not in use.