Chronic Health Conditions

  • It is the parent/guardians' responsibility to inform the child's teacher, nurse, or principal if there are any medical conditions that require a health plan or special measures (dietary or activity restrictions) at school for the learner. As required by district policy, learners who need specialized health care procedures for allergies, asthma, diabetes, or seizures must have a physician’s prescription and parental authorization. Parent/guardian authorization can be granted by completing the Authorization for Administration of Specialized Health Care Procedures, as provided below. Please note that school nurses are available for health consultation, but are not present the entire school day.