The Indian Education Program of Fargo and West Fargo Public Schools advocates for Native American students’ success in school while providing cultural opportunity connections for students and families.
Indian Education program services may be provided to any American Indian student who:
* is enrolled in any of the West Fargo Public School District's educational settings.
* has a signed 506 form on file in the Indian Education Office
Title VI Grant requires:
* the student to be enrolled in a federally recognized tribe,
* and/or the student’s grandparent or parent to be enrolled in a federally recognized tribe.
- Mentor program for students in grades 6-8-12 (as identified/referred)
- School supplies
- Cultural activities
- Provide positive American Indian role model speakers
- GED fees
- Home visits
- Attend IEP and other student meetings
- School attendance support
- Advocating for American Indian students and families in successfully resolving problems that they may have in the public school system.