Welcome to the Counseling Department!
The Counseling Department provides academic, career, and personal/social support to all students.
The mission of the secondary level counseling departments is to provide a comprehensive school counseling program that addresses the academic, career, and personal/social development of all students through a collaborative effort between the home, school, and community. The ultimate objective it to prepare students to be productive, well-rounded, informed, and responsible contributing members of society.
School counselors are professional school advocates who provide support to maximize student potential and achievement. In partnership with other educators, families, and the community, school counselors facilitate a support system to ensure all students have access to the tools enabling them to become responsible and productive citizens.
Counseling Department Resources
New Student Registration/Enrollment
If your family is NEW or returning to West Fargo Public Schools and you would like to register your student(s), click here for details.
West Fargo High School Counseling Office Procedures
Welcome to the West Fargo High School counseling website. Students and families are encouraged to check this website often for important information and updates. Students may make appointments to see their school counselor during their in-person learning days or virtually* on days when they are learning from home.
- In-person appointments can be made by calling or visiting the counseling office.
- If you would like to set up a virtual counseling appointment, please email your school counselor or send them a message on Schoology. The school counselor will get back to you with available appointment times and instructions on using Microsoft Teams.
*Virtual Counseling Services
Virtual counseling appointments are available for students who would like a face-to-face meeting with their school counselor using Microsoft Teams during regular school hours on days when students are learning from home. The purpose of virtual counseling is to provide brief academic, career, and social/emotional supports to your child. Whether your child needs a simple check-in or in-the-moment coping strategies, we are here to help! If you would like to set up a virtual counseling appointment, please email your school counselor or send them a message on Schoology. The school counselor will get back to you with available appointment times and instructions on using Microsoft Teams.
Virtual counseling appointments are not intended for emergency situations or long-term therapy. Instead, here are some options for you to consider:
- FirstLink: Dial 2-1-1 or text your zip code to 898-2-1-1.
- FirstLInk is a free, confidential service available to anyone, 24/7, every day of the year. They offer listening and support, referrals to resources, and crisis intervention.
- ND South East Region Mobile Crisis Service: (701) 298-4500
- The mobile crisis service provides support to individuals experiencing a mental health crisis. They will respond within 20 minutes.
- Services are available 5:00 PM - 8:00 AM on weekdays, and 24 hours on weekends and holidays.
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: Dial 9-8-8 or text 9-8-8
- School Social Workers: School Social Workers can be contacted via phone or email. Their contact information is listed under “Programs” and “Social Work” on your school’s website.
- If your child is in crisis, please call 9-1-1 or go to your nearest emergency room.
To request a transcript, follow the procedure through eTranscript. If you have questions or need assistance, please email Mrs. Lucy Spaeth, Office Assistant. Please allow two school days for transcript requests to be processed. During June-July, the counseling office is closed; please allow 7 days for transcript requests to be processed.