New Student & Parent Orientation and Starting Dates
2023-2024 West Fargo Community High School
311 1st Avenue East – Door #23 / Phone: 701-356-2008
- Wednesday, August 16 Orientation @ 9:00 a.m.
- Tuesday, August 22 – Orientation @ 9:00 a.m.
- August 24 START This is the first day of the 2023-2024 school year!
- September 5 – Orientation @ 9:00 a.m. ***ORIENTATIONS ARE HELD ON TUESDAYS
- September 18 START
- October 3 – Orientation @ 9:00 a.m.
- October 16 START
- October 30 START (after first quarter – standalone start date for anyone on waiting list)
- October 31 – Orientation @ 9:00 a.m.
- November 13 START
- November 28 – Orientation @ 9:00 a.m.
- December 11 START
- January 3 – Orientation @ 9:00 a.m. (this is a Wednesday)
- January 16 START (this is a Tuesday) ***FIRST DAY OF 2nd SEMESTER IS JAN. 16
- January 30 – Orientation @ 9:00 a.m.
- February 12 START
- February 27 – Orientation @ 9:00 a.m.
- March 13 START (This is a Wednesday)
- March 25 START (after third quarter – standalone start date for anyone on waiting list)
- March 26 – Orientation @ 9:00 a.m.
- April 8 START (32 days of school left – last start date of the year)
The rationale for establishing starting dates provides the office and staff time to prepare for the new student(s) and provides the opportunity to start new students in a cohort where they can have some common experiences with other new students. It also provides a delay to transfer to CHS that may allow a cooling off period and reflection time to think about what is in their best interest. Orientations last about one hour.
Students would still need to go through the transfer request, IEP & EL team meeting & approval at their other West Fargo High School, English Language case manager approval, student and parent orientation at Community, and official checkout of the high school before a transfer is approved.
- Students (and parent/guardian) MUST attend orientation to attend Community High.
- If they are not sure about transferring, they should attend orientation anyway, just to have that done. No student will be enrolled at CHS before attending an orientation.
- All students are also required to pay a $15 registration fee.
- (Cost of t-shirts, water bottles, binders, food, awards, and other student consumables.)
- If an orientation or START is cancelled because of a school closing, it will be held the next school day.
- Orientation may be cancelled if we have a waiting list, and we will not be able to accommodate any additional students before the next start date.