Eastwood Elementary School News
- Student Success Form - Feb 4 - 7 PM to 8:30 PM at Dakota Medical Foundation Event Center 4141 28th Ave S, Fargo
- Night of the Starts - Feb 13 - 5:30 PM until 7:00 PM - Eastwood Elementary
- Spirit Day - Feb 14th - Wear Eastwood shirt or green
- No School - Feb 17th
- School Make Up Day - Feb 18th - School In Session - Day 4
- Spirit Day - Feb 28th - Wear Eastwood shirt or green
- Teacher Conferences March 9th and 10th from 4 PM until 7:30 PM
- No School - March 13th
- Spirit Day - March 27th - Wear Eastwood shirt or green
- No School - April 10th
- School - April 13th - School 2nd Storm Make Up Day - School In Session - Day 4
- Spirit Day - April 24th - Wear Eastwood shirt or green
- Spirit Day - May 4th - Wear Eastwood shirt or green
- Spirit Day -May 22nd - Wear Eastwood shirt or green
Advertise with West Fargo Public Schools
West Fargo Public Schools creates and distributes numerous publications to students, staff, and families on a regular basis. External organizations wishing to communicate services, products, or programs for these audiences must do so at the district-level with the Public Relations Department. No individual district-wide handouts or requests for inclusion in school newsletters are permitted. Advertise Link
This month, our schoolwide theme is our school as a welcoming place where every student feels like he or she belongs. In our morning announcements and school assembly, we'll be reminding students to welcome others and act and speak in safe, respectful, and responsible ways. In addition we'll be reminding students of our school rules.
We'll also begin teaching the Second Step program, which includes lessons that support these behaviors.
Support your child at home in welcoming others and acting and speaking in safe, respectful, and responsible ways. Please tell your child's teacher if you have questions about specific ways you can help your child with these behaviors at home.
SARB (Student Attendance Review Board)
Eastwood School participates in the SARB (Student Attendance Review Board) program for tracking student attendance. SARB consists of three levels: Level 1 (9+ days absent), Level 2 (13+ days absent), and Level 3 is the highest level of concern, with the most direct interventions. SARB aims to work cooperatively with families to alleviate the factors that interfere with regular school attendance. If a student reaches Level 3 the district SARB will then meet with the community SARB board (Juvenile Court, Cass County Social Services, Youth Court, Youth Works, and Fargo Cass Public Health) to gain assistance. Students entering the building after 8:10 AM are counted tardy. Children who are not absent/tardy all school year will earn an end-of-year Perfect Attendance Award!
Parent Right to Know
Through federal law, parents have the right to request information on the professional qualifications of the teachers and paraprofessionals at our school. If you are interested in learning this information, please contact Eastwood Elementary School administration at (701) 356-2030. Upon request, you will receive a detailed explanation of the licensing, education, and experience of each of our teachers. You will also receive information regarding names and qualifications of the paraprofessionals at our school.
Eastwood Elementary School is a Title I School
Eastwood Elementary School is a schoolwide Title I school. Each year, the administration and staff meet to review the school's data to determine a focus for goals and activities for the upcoming school year. Information is collected from various sources including, but not limited to: parent, staff, and student surveys; demographic data; achievement data; program data; and perception data. This is all compiled to review and make decisions.
These plans are laid out in continuous improvement goals that Eastwood Elementary School staff will work on throughout the school year. The goals for the year:
- 80% of students will be proficient in reading as measured by standardized assessments.
- 80% of students will be proficient in math as measured by standardized assessments.
- 80% of students will obtain 0 - 3 SAR (Student at Risk) referrals within the school year.
Donations are Welcome
Eastwood Elementary School is accepting donations of the following items:
- Sweatpants (all children sizes)
- Warm Gloves
- Underwear (all children sizes)
- Winter Coats
- School Supplies
- Monetary Donations (milk/supply funds for students in need)