2012-13 Lunch Schedule
- Grade 4
- Recess-11:30-11:50 AM
- Lunch-11:50-12:15 PM
- Grade 1
- Lunch-11:20-11:45 AM
- Recess-11:45-12:05 PM
- Grade 2 & Grade 5 (Grade 5 split rooms)
- Lunch-12:15-12:40 PM
- Recess-12:40-1:00 PM
- Grade 3 & Grade 5 (Grade 5 split rooms)
- Recess-12:15-12:40 PM
- Lunch-12:40-1:00 PM
Why do some classes have recess before lunch?
- To accommodate better supervision on the playground and provide enough time for our children to eat, some grade levels/classes will go outside for recess prior to eating lunch within their block.
- This helps to:
- Improve student behavior on the playground, in the cafeteria and classroom.
- Students waste less food and drink more milk. This leads to increased nutrient intake.
- Improve the cafeteria atmosphere.
- Children are more settled and ready to learn upon returning to the classroom.
Breakfasts and hot lunches are served daily with a desire to provide students with nutritious meals at minimum prices. Breakfast is served at Eastwood from 7:45-8:05 AM daily. Please see the handbook for breakfast and lunch prices. Students eligible to receive free or reduced meals will be charged accordingly. Parents are responsible for any meal payments prior to paperwork being filed. To aid the school in record keeping, students are encouraged to buy between 10 and 170 meals at a time. Please do not allow your child to accumulate charges. We hope your child will join our Breakfast Bunch each morning.
We ask parents to keep lunch tickets updated regularly throughout the school year. NO charging allowed.
We expect our Eastwood Eagles to be courteous and have appropriate table manners.