At The West Fargo School District, we respect and are committed to protecting your privacy with regards to both electronic and print media. This privacy statement informs you of the following:
Information Collection and Use
- We will only collect personal information about you when you complete a form that requests such information.
The situations where personal information may be collected, include the following:
- Web Forms (requests for information, registrations, and feedback) - The West Fargo School District Web site may provide the opportunity for you to complete forms and registrations, such as admission request forms, alumni event registration, and feedback forms. The personal information you provide will be used only for such purposes as are described at the point of collection, such as to send information to you.
- Network Traffic Logs - In addition to the personal information described above, our system collects server log data that may include an IP address, the type of browser and operating system used, the time of day visited, the pages viewed and the information requested through searches. We aggregate this data and use it for statistical purposes, helping us to understand, for example, the amount of interest in portions of our Web site and ways to improve the navigation and content of our Web site.]
- Web server - Our Web server stores a small text file of information on your computer to distinguish your visit to our site from others who may be visiting our site at the same time. This is only active while your computer is visiting our site and is not being used for marketing purposes or for any reason that may compromise your privacy. In addition to being anonymous, this text file is set to expire when you close your browser.
- Email Trackbacks - Emails sent from West Fargo Schools include a unique trackback code to assist the School in better understanding the readership via email communication. The trackback URLs may contain a number or other information which indicates if the emails are successfully sent, opened, and/or rejected (bouncebacks). The purpose of the trackback is two-fold: 1) to help measure the effectiveness of West Fargo Schools' email program, and 2) to help the School better understand how it can improve its electronic communication.
Disclosure of Information
- The identifiable personal information you provide through e-mail lists, Web forms and surveys is considered private data. The data may be shared with employees of The West Fargo School District as necessary to provide the specific service requested, but no personal identification information is ever shared with other organizations, advertisers, or other third parties without explicit permission.
- The school does reserve the right to share user information in the event that it is necessary to comply with any legal process.
Commitment to Security
- The School is committed to ensuring the safety of the Web site and its users.
This site has security measures in place to protect all information under our control. The network infrastructure is protected by a firewall and traffic is monitored and logged both on the firewall and on the servers. All administrative activities are carried out over secure, encrypted links between school district buildings.
Use of Photographs
- Photographs of The West Fargo School District community members, including students, alumni/ae, faculty, staff, are used on this Web site. Existing divisional guidelines regarding identification of students on the West Fargo Schools Web site remains unchanged, specifically, we will use first names ONLY when referring to Lower or Middle School students' work or images. Upper School student mentions may include first and/or last names.
- Please be aware that The West Fargo School District has no control over photos and materials once they are posted online, and these can be copied or sent without our knowledge or permission.
- The West Fargo School District has many visitors during the course of the school year, and students from other schools participate in many of its events and activities. Photography of these events may be used both internally and externally and with appropriate identification if possible. (i.e. visiting artists, guest speakers, athletic teams)
- All materials on this site are copyrighted by The West Fargo School District unless otherwise indicated. West Fargo Schools will not post copyrighted material without written permission from the appropriate parties. For permission to use any material from this site, please contact West Fargo Schools webmaster at email@example.com
- If you have any questions or concerns regarding this privacy statement, please contact Robert Kaspari, director of technology, at 701-356-2002 or firstname.lastname@example.org