West Fargo Public Schools has partnered with PaySchools™ to provide parents/guardians the ability to make payments online for their student’s lunch account!
PaySchools is an online payment processing system that provides schools with an easy way to receive electronic payments for school lunches. PaySchools is making it possible for WFPS to offer parents the convenience of online purchasing and monitoring of their student’s lunch accounts without a service fee!
WFPS parents can access PaySchools here. Follow the instructions that appear on your screen to create an account (you can have one account for all of your children). Payments are automatically processed and the money is transferred to the lunch accounts every day at 4:30 AM. If an online payment is made after 4:30 AM, the money will not make it to the lunch account until the next day.
For answers to commonly asked questions, please review the PaySchools Frequently Asked Questions located below.
- What information do I need?
- You will need to know your student’s ID number to set up an account. If you don’t know this, please contact your school’s office.
Can I use my student’s nickname?
- Use your student’s legal name. The program will not recognize nicknames.
Do I need a separate account for each child?
- You may put all of your students on your account.
How soon will the money be available for my student to use?
- Transactions will electronically reach the lunch accounts every day at 4:30 a.m. So when making online payments after 4:30 a.m., the money will be in the account THE NEXT DAY. Online deposits are not real time – there is a lag of up to 24 hours before the money is available to your student.
How much does it cost to use this service?
- There is no fee for this service.
Do I have to use a credit card?
- You may use a checking account (with routing number), a credit card or a debit card.
Do I need to enter my card information every time I make an online deposit?
- The PaySchools system will not remember your account information, so you will have to enter it each time you use the system.
Do I get a reminder when my student’s lunch account is getting low?
- You can set up low balance email reminders at the dollar amount you wish to be notified. K-5 students will still receive lunch balance sheets from their school (please note dates on those sheets for current information).
Why am I still getting a low balance reminder after I have put money in my student’s account?
- Information between the lunch accounts and Payschools is exchanged in a sequence and the most recent activity is reflected in the next scheduled sequence. That could mean a delay of 24 – 48 hours.
Why is the lunch balance information on PaySchools and Parent Portal not the same?
- Each system is independent and information is transferred from one to another in a sequence. So, the balance information in one system will be shared with the other system at the next scheduled run.If you have any questions/comments please contact the school where your student is enrolled.