WHAT IS THE WEST FARGO AREA DOLLARS FOR SCHOLARS ORGANIZATION?
- West Fargo Area Dollars for Scholars is a community-based scholarship program. Its goal is to provide financial assistance to students in the West Fargo school district who continue their education after high school. Costs to attend college or technical school continue to escalate, placing the dream of advanced education out of reach for many students. Scholarships awarded from West Fargo Area Dollars for Scholars can help make that dream a reality. The West Fargo Area Dollars for Scholars chapter is led by a volunteer board of directors consisting of business leaders, educators, parents and professionals from throughout the community. The chapter operates in accordance with the by-laws, legal status, policies and procedures of Scholarship America and is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization.
HOW IS THE DOLLARS FOR SCHOLARS PROGRAM FUNDED?
- The West Fargo Area Dollars for Scholars program is funded by the financial contributions of community residents and local businesses. All contributions are tax deductible to the extent provided by state and federal laws.
HOW MANY SCHOLARSHIPS HAVE BEEN AWARDED TO WEST FARGO STUDENTS?
- Since the organization was chartered in 1990, hundreds of students have received scholarships in amounts ranging from $100 to $1,000. Scholarships are determined according to Scholarship America guidelines which consider academics, community service and career goals.
HOW CAN YOU SUPPORT THE WEST FARGO AREA DOLLARS FOR SCHOLARS CHAPTER?
- Your financial contributions and volunteer time are encouraged to ensure the availability of scholarship funds for years to come. Consider sponsoring a scholarship, an annual contribution, or volunteer opportunities available through the chapter. Contact the West Fargo High School Counseling Office for current West Fargo Area Dollars for Scholars information or write to PO Box 981, West Fargo, ND 58078. In addition, you may also contact Ava Archibald at 701-476-8776 or Sue Benson at 701-282-8784.
- Greg Mastrud - President
- Julie Hersch - Vice President
- Ava Archibald - Treasurer
- Jennifer Fink - Secretary
- Amanda Engler - Representative
- Judy Kvaale - Representative
- Troy Ott - Representative